0

Erpat

Six years have passed since my father has gone. He has left us here on this earth to go to a far better place.

Madaldal si erpat (sa kanya ako nagmana). Malakas ang boses. Suplado sa unang tinggin. Madami talagang nagsasabi na kamuka ko siya (wala lang yung bigote!). Sa kanya ko din nakuha ang kakulitan ko.

He taught me a lot of things. From him I learned to enjoy reading. He taught me about food and how to really appreciate the efforts someone puts in a dish. He showed me how to be self-confident, he taught me about self-worth, and shared with me the secrets of inner strength.

He is one who is never selfish on praise, but he is also one who would say what he feels. He trusted my instincts, he was proud in all the achievements I made, no matter how trivial they may be. He shared my pains, my failures, and wiill always have time to give me his insights of the situation.

He and I talked a lot. We conversed about a lot of things, from the craziest subject (like- why pigs only have three toes) to the mind-boggling one (like - what's my take on Hitler - duh!).

We used to go around Manila and he would point out places and landmarks and included a bit of history. I learned to appreciate the value of the past and see things from a different perspective.

There are a lot more about me and dad that I'll be sharing. Meantime, I will continue miss my champion but somehow I always feel that he is always around and watching over me.

0 ang naki-chika:

May gusto kang sabihin?

Back to Top